By Jane Betters
• Time - that most precious of resources - is now more available than ever to review your business model and make appropriate adjustments. Make extreme use of every slow moment!
• Finances - Okay, the money is not rolling in, so get creative! How can you reach out with minimal expense to get maximum attention?
- Is it PR? That's always an option to consider as good PR has an impact far beyond a purchased ad. And how about speaking at groups? That can gain immediate credibility.
- Are you taking advantage of Social Media opportunities? If not, you're probably missing the boat as there are people who don't know about you and your products or services that you can reach through blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn and other similar programs.
- Do you have an online newsletter that is chock full of GOOD information? Everyone's email is overrun with run-of-the-mill offers and promotions. You have to stand out! Figure out a core need or want that your company supplies and tie it to compelling benefits. Make it about them, not you.
• Opportunities - These are endless! There are more startup businesses for you to reach than ever before. There are more businesses looking for innovative solutions and new products and services to streamline their companies. Find the niche - maybe one you've overlooked or dismissed in the past - and make it your own.